Rental Book Insurance
Pay just $5 per title, per semester for 100% coverage from the most common types of accidental damage.
Did you rent your textbooks online? If so, bring your books and CWID to Titan Shops or the Irvine Campus bookstore to get setup. Books must be in the same condition in which they were purchased.
Here is how it works:
- Rent your textbooks in-store or online.
- If renting in-store, simply notify the cashier the books you wish to insure.
- If renting online, bring your books and Campus Wide ID to Titan Shops or the Irvine Campus bookstore to purchase the insurance in-store.
- If something happens to your book, you're covered. Simply bring back the damaged book(s) to Customer Service at the end of the semester and skip the replacement fee. Rental insurance only applies to accidental damage.
- Insurance can only be applied for the term in which the Insurance was purchased.
- Insurance can be purchased any time prior to finals week.
- Insurance purchased after the initial rental transaction (or for online purchases) will require the books be brought to the bookstore for a condition assessment. Any books already damaged will not be eligible for insurance.
- Rental Insurance does not cover lost or stolen books. Lost or stolen books will be assessed the replacement fee. View rental replacement fees.
- Types of damage covered under Rental Insurance include water damage, missing or ripped covers and pages, and excessive wear.
- Rental books must be returned, regardless of the condition. Un-returned rental books will be charged the replacement fee.
- Refunds for Rental Insurance will be provided up to the deadline for Course Material refunds in the given term. Refer to the Support page for refund deadlines.